I may or may not want to scream into a pillow.
No. I take that back. I do want to scream into a pillow.
Today, has been one of those days that my children can’t seem to function effectively without requesting something every two minutes. I really want a second alone. I really want space. It is getting close to their bedtimes and I have this unnerving sense that it will not go down when scheduled.
These boys have sensors that detect that mommy’s personal bubble is slowly releasing fumes and must insist to hurry along the process.
As I am writing this, I have paused more than five times to go fetch something, wipe someone’s butt, referee a fight. It is an endless battle that I am sure will lose. And my lose, I mean my sanity.
Because I am the ranting mood, let me go ahead and throw out a list of my annoyances today.
- That moment that I sit down and get situated, a child request my services.
- That moment that I sit down and get situated, a child request my services … the same thing I asked them before sitting down.
- The pee that misses the toilet.
- The toothpaste that ends up in the most ridiculously places.
- Dirty butts.
- That meal that I have looked forward to that disappears by greedy hands, who have already devoured theirs.
- Jumping on the bed while I am on it.
- Jumping on me.
- Pulling on me.
- Missed naps.
- Stealing my phone.
- Walking in front of me, going to the same exact place, and the speed of a turtle, not allowing me to pass.
I know I have missed something. Add yours!